The capital visited me yesterday, and for the purposes of making small talk, people kept asking me about what the weather was like in Delhi. To answer that question, I recap my trip thus.
- Taxi to Chennai airport. Weather – Windy (the windows were open).
- Chennai Airport, Weather – Crowded (the temperature, humidity and pressure of 1000s trying to get from Chennai to point B, whereever that may be.)
- Jet Airways flight to Delhi. Weather – 25 degrees (It was airconditioned)
- Flight to terminal by Jet airways bus. Weather – 25 degrees (It was airconditioned)
- Delhi Terminal. Weather – Blackhole (The immensely turbulent atmosphere of 1000s packed into a terminal whose size could best be described as “2B/H/K”. )
- Car to Office. Weather – you guessed it. 25 degrees. (It was airconditioned)
- Office. Weather – Ditto.
- Same, in reverse, in the evening
So, if the 10 seconds between me exiting the terminal and getting into the car counts for a statistically valid period of time for an accurate estimation, the weather in Delhi was pleasant. Better than Chennai. Much better.
Leave a Reply